sexual infections forum

[ Contents | Post | Reply | Next | Previous | Up ]

Re: Is it balanitis?

From: Rob, Health Adviser
Date: 03 Feb 2003
Time: 18:00:10
Remote Name:


Hi Steve, Thanks for the enquiry and I apologise for the delay in replying. Balanitis does occur in circumcised men but you are correct that it is more frequent in uncircumcised men. There are several possible causes for you balanitis. It should really be checked by a doctor to both confirm diagnosis and so that treatment can be offered. It is useful for a doctor to be able to take a full and detailed sexual history which should be shed some light on the particular cause of your problem. If you live in the UK, you should be able to determine your nearest clinic from the list elsewhere on this website. Best wishes, Rob

Last changed: February 03, 2003